Membership fees (annual fee)
All applicants who wish to give a presentation or organize a symposium/workshop are required to join ESJ for 2023, before the deadline (31st October 2022). After applying for membership, please pay the membership fee by 20th February 2023 (this includes re-admission for those whose membership was suspended due to non-payment). If you are currently a member and plan to give a presentation or are organizing a workshop/symposium, you will also need to pay the 2023 membership fee by 20th February 2023.
To apply for an ESJ membership, please see: https://esj.ne.jp/esj/English/join.html
ESJ Member Service Desk:
358-5, Academy Center, Yamabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0801, Japan.
Tel.: +81-3-6824-9381; Fax: +81-3-5227-8631
Hours of Operation: 9 AM–12 PM, 1–5 PM. JST (closed on weekends and public holidays in Japan)
Registration and banquet fees
|Types of membership||Registration Fee||Banquet Fee|
|Early bird discount
Until Feb. 20 2023
After Mar. 1 2023
|Regular||7,000 JPY||8,000 JPY||Free|
|Student||2,500 JPY||3,000 JPY||Free|
|Audience member of workshops only (Workshop tickets)||1,000 JPY||Not available||Unable to participate|
|Undergraduate students without presentations||Not available||Free||Unable to participate|
- The registration fee is the same for members and non-members. Also, the registration fee is the same for online and on-site participants.
- The registration fee amount will be applied when the payment procedure is completed by the due date.
- The registration fee for “young members without fixed income” is equal to that of “Students”. If you have applied in advance to be considered a “young member without fixed income (2023)”, and your application was approved by the ESJ Member Services Office, please indicate this in your registration for the meeting. (See: https://esj.ne.jp/esj/English/Rules/Ad_Fee.html).
- There are no fees for the Ecology lecture for junior and high school students. If you wish to attend this lecture only, without participating in the other events of the meeting, please apply for your participation by 20th February 2023.
- The full amount of the registration fee can be refunded until the cancellation due date, on Monday, 20th February 2023. No refunds will be made after this date. Bank transfer fees and other expenses cannot be refunded.
- Due to a migration of the registration system, we will stop registrations between 21st and 28th February 2023.
How to register
For general participants (including graduate and undergraduate students with presentations)
- The system that will be used for the meeting registration and payment procedures will differ depending on the date. Please use the ESJ70 registration site until 20th February 2023; after 1st March 2023, please use the meeting platform (ONLINE CONF). The URL of each site will be provided on the ESJ70 official webpage.
- There is no problem if the registration and payment are made at different times and through different systems.
- By paying the ESJ70 registration fee, you will be able to use all the functions of the meeting platform. Please make sure to complete the registration and payment procedures before the day of the meeting (Please note that only some functions of the meeting platform, including the payment of the registration fee, will be available when the registration process is completed.).
- If you cannot log into the meeting platform, you will not be able to upload your poster or check the Zoom URL of each presentation. To reduce problems with your presentation and viewing, we strongly recommend you pay the registration fee and try to log into the meeting platform before the meeting dates
- When you submit your abstract, you will be asked to select about five keywords of interest.
Participating in the ESJ70 official events as an audience member
- Non-ESJ members are welcome to attend as an audience member by paying the meeting registration fee.
- Both ESJ members and non-members are required to apply for their participation in ESJ70 and pay the registration fee on the ESJ70 registration site or the meeting platform. (Please note that the system used for payment will change depending on the date; but it is okay to use different systems for registration and payment.)
- For the workshops, if you will participate as an audience member only, you can use a Workshop ticket (1,000 yen). Please apply from the ESJ70 registration site and purchase a Workshop ticket by 20th February 2023. Workshop tickets can be used for multiple days during the meeting.
- There is no registration fee for undergraduate students (as well as junior and senior high school students) who will not give a presentation. Please apply for ESJ7 from the meeting platform after 1st March 2023 (a copy of your student ID will be requested at registration).